Take Back the Night Rally & March, Event Organizer | Purdue University, April 30th, 2015
- Collaborated with graduate and undergraduate students to plan three campus teach-ins on sexual assault, victim-blaming and rape culture, and resources for survivors; co-taught two teach-ins.
- Successfully raised funds and garnered donations of supplies from diverse campus departments/programs.
- Recruited local musicians, crisis advocates, and survivors to perform and speak at rally.
- Supervised student volunteers assisting with sign-making, chant-writing, and event promotion.
International Women’s Day (IWD) Fest, Event Organizer | Purdue University, March 6th, 2014
- Harnessed diverse campus resources, student groups, and community activists for resource fair to celebrate IWD and promote resource-sharing and inter-generational work toward social justice.
- Oversaw event budget; reserved venue and catering, and designed room staging.
- Organized and headed regular planning committee meetings.
March at Purdue: Celebrating 100 Years of Public Action, Event Organizer | Purdue University March 2013
- Recruited student and community organizations to participate in a 400-plus person march and rally.
- Partnered groups of introductory WGSS students with local community organizers to strengthen organizational memberships and facilitate broader dialogue about grassroots organizing and social justice.
- Successfully assisted WGSS students to draft and apply for a $1,000 grant to assist their community-based partners.
Looseleaf Community Writing Workshops, Volunteer Instructor | Lafayette, IN (2009-2011)
- Designed and taught creative writing workshops for Greater Lafayette area community members of varying ages and backgrounds, including a workshop on narrative poetry for seniors at the Tippecanoe County Public Library; and a series of four writing workshops for at-risk youth at the Cary Home for Children in Lafayette, IN, in collaboration with another area poet.