Here are some last-minute reminders to help you prepare for Friday’s big event:
- Remember to document your participation! Take photos of your delegation’s product and photos of your delegation at the march. These will be great for your symposium poster presentation in April. (They’ll also vouch for your participation in case we don’t cross paths amidst the chaos on Friday.)
- Make sure you have copies of the march route.
- Does your delegation know where to meet you/how to find you on Friday in the gym at the Co-Rec?
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers to stay warm. Walking itself will help keep you warm, but it will be chilly. T-shirts can be worn over layered longer-sleeved shirts, and sashes can be worn over coats.
- Remember to list any prep you do the day of the march under your volunteer hours!
- The post-march rally will begin between 12:00 and 12:30pm.
- HAVE FUN!
- Our class will meet on Friday afternoon to talk about your experience. I also have a great activity planned for us.
After the march, you’ll have until Friday, March 29th to turn in your forms documenting each group member’s volunteer hours, your group meeting dates, plus brief minutes for those group meetings.
Next week, I’ll hand out presentation boards and other materials so you can start work on your posterboards for the symposium on April 12th.